Walking holidays in Meransen
Meransen is a paradise for walkers. Not only the number of possible walking routes around our village is particularly great – but also the diversity of impressions which you are gifted with, left and right of the path. Flowering meadows, scenic trails, tours to medieval churches and ancient farms, through larch forests and along gurgling mountain brooks are just a small foretaste of what awaits you on a walking holiday in Meransen.
Themed trails, panoramic tours and high-altitude flights
With us on site and in the near Altfasstal you can find idyllic routes which you can walk on during your entire vacation. In addition to educational themed trails such as the Bienenweg in Rodeneck or the Almen Kneippweg, you can hike the most beautiful views: on the plateau of Rodeneck for example, the observation deck on the Gitschberg, from which you can admire 500 mountain peaks, and to the Seefeld lakes, or with enough fitness condition on the Astjoch and in the Pfunderer mountains. An alpine hike offers in addition to the fantastic farsightedness also repeatedly traditional huts in which you put the walking stick in the corner for a while and can feast on fresh drinks and Tyrolean specialties.
With Almencard Plus free into the surrounding countryside
You can extend your hiking holiday in Meransen according to your own taste, as far as the feet carry, to the Fane Alm, the Mühlbacher Klause and on the Plose for example. Our huge network of trails is designed for all skill levels and therefore it appeals to individualists. If the starting point of your tour is a little further away, just use the Almencard Plus.
Advantages of the AlmencardPLUS!
From mid-May to mid-October, as a guest at the Huberhof, you will get the Almencard Plus Gitschberg-Jochtal for free, which offers many advantages in your active vacation. So you have even more carefree enjoyment while hiking in Meransen.
- Free and unlimited use of the mountain railways Meransen, Vals and Mühlbach
- Free travel on all local public transport in South Tyrol (bus and train, some cable cars)
- Free bus ride from Mühlbach to the Rodeneck / Lüsen Alp
- Free entry in over 80 museums and collections
The hiking and activity program of the Almencard PLUS
- the summit tour to the panoramic platform of Gitschberg
- guided farm tours in Pfunderer valley
- guided legendary hike in Rodeneck
- guided Kneipp walk into Altfasstal
- easy hike in Spinges: a story-telling village
- autumn hike (mid-September)
- guided mountain bike tours and Nordic walking on request
- guided tour to the Mühlbacher Klause
- geocaching (treasure hunt) in Vals
- visit of a bio-farm incl. tasting session
- climbing course in Vals – Krixly Kraxly and Kletterhetz
- jousting in the Mühlbacher Klause
- horse-drawn carriage rides in Meransen
- water games in Rodeneck
- in many stores, rental companies, sports facilities and leisure facilities