4 reasons for an autumn holiday in South Tyrol
Someone says that autumn is the most beautiful season of the year. Others prefer summer or winter. But if you have ever enjoyed autumn in South Tyrol, you will say that it is something special.
The landscape turns into a colorful sea of leaf’s and colors and the air is fresh and clear. In this time, you can experience nature in all it’s beauty and let your soul fly.
In this article you will find our suggestions -
to enjoy the autumn in South Tyrol!
Autumn in South Tyrol – uniquely beautiful
Golden larch forests, thanksgiving, the typical “Törggelen”, pleasant temperatures and an amazing mountain landscape wait for you. South Tyrol in autumn is a real paradise for nature lovers and hiker.
- Enjoy South Tyrol’s nature by hiking and bike tours
The landscape in autumn is especially beautiful and offers a lot of possibilities for excursions.
Below you find some suggestions:
- Easy: the tours in the Altfasstal or malga Fane are perfect for a relaxing hiking day and show you the marvelous landscape with its rustic huts
- Easy: the mills way in Terento with its earth pyramids and historic mills
- Easy / moderate: a MUST in autumn: the famous Valley Isarco chestnut path
- Moderate: mountain tour to the 3 lakes in Maranza with a stunning view of the surrounding mountains
- Moderate: to the malga di Rodengo e Luson up to the Astjoch peak
- Difficult: tour to the Eisbruggalm and Edelrauthütte at Fundres. The climb is exacting but its worth
- Difficult: the wild peak on 3134 m, starting from the malga Fane
- Another suggestion are the hotspots, like Lago di Braies and the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, which in this season are not just especially beautiful, but also with less people.
(E-) Bike tours starting from the Hotel or nearby:
- The Valle Altafossa in Maranza
- From Valles to the malga Fane and then to the rifugio Bressanone
- The cycle path in the Val Pusteria to Brunico or till Sillian (Austria)
- Exploring the malga di Rodengo e Luson
- To the malga Pertinger in Terento
- Taste the Southy Tyrolean specialties in the “Törggele” season
The “Törggelen” is an old tradition in Southy Tyrol and it is called as the 5th season.
Here you can experience culinary highlights of autumn: the typical “Knödel” (dumplings), baked chestnuts, speck and many more.
Here at the Huberhof we organize the wine and chestnut weeks from the 1st October till the 15th October 2022 with event highlights, wine tastings and specialties of the chestnut and grapes.
- Visit a Thanksgiving, the typical “Almabtrieb” or a typical local
Autumn in South Tyrol offers a lot of event highlights:
- The famous “Almabtrieb” (where the animals from the alpine meadows return at home), also here in Maranza
- Thanksgiving in many big and small locations in South Tyrol
- The traditional bread and strudel market in Bressanone
- Recharge your batteries at the Wellness- and Panoramahotel Huberhof
The Huberhof offers a lot of space and comfort for your wellness vacation in South Tyrol.
Feel free and enjoy some relaxation days, before winter starts.
Do you want to know more about wellness at Huberhof? Read more…
We are looking forward to welcome you,
Family Oberhammer & the whole staff